Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Over 2 billion-6 billion served!

For Fun, you don't even need to read the review just look at the handy dandy pie chart!
Please note this pie chart does not include the Last topic as that would be in the 2-6 billion range covering up my chart in a mess!


Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5) Part 2* or also know as Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #9)

Lover Unleashed is about, the warrior Payne. She’s the twin sister of Vishous. It picks up right at the end of Book 8, Payne was paralyzed. In Lover Unleashed, it’s up to a human surgeon Dr. Manuel Manello to save her from her imprisoned paralysis.

I love this series it’s my HEA series. It’s funny, sexy, and predictable. This book was about imprisonment, Payne being imprisoned by her mother, and her body; Vishous being imprisoned by his past; and Manny by his lonely life. I felt secluded at times reading this book. J.R Ward did a good job of making you feel imprisoned, as a reader, you are placed in one setting for most of the book. There is very limited contact with the other brothers.

STOP READING IF YOU INTEND TO READ BOOK, SPOILERSSSSS AHEAD!!!!





I liked Payne. She’s a tough warrior, and I liked the chemistry between her and Manny. This book was supposed to be their story, but it was Vishous who stole the spot light. Manny is ok, his “surprise” isn’t really a surprise. At this point we’ve read the books so if you see the words: mine, musky cologne, my woman, you know where it’s going!

I like V’s story, I wasn’t happy how things went down with Jane. The book ended I let it go, I thought we were done with all of that poor me crap. Never heard anything was wrong with the happy couple in any of the other books, but then bam, looks like they aren’t so happy and V has regressed into his fun side. I liked showing the couple struggling, but I felt like it was out of character or a step way back in the wrong direction. I thought he worked through all Bloodletter stuff. Then Warden complicates things by bring Butch in the mix. I’m sorry, sure Jane is beyond understanding but Marissa side steps too?

We are introduced to our next friendemy Xcor and his gang of merry misfits. In short they want to kill lesser and rule. I’m up for a new story line!

The Cop caper, ugh why was it in the book? That’s all I got to say about that.

Blay. And. Qhuin. Maybe 30 pages devoted to these two. Don’t get your hopes up, nothing is resolved! You get to about 440 pages and realize this book is going to end with little resolution and not end on a solid foot. There are some loose ends that aren’t tied up. I did like Qhuin’s word Breast-iculated! I’m trying to work that into everyday use! I’m intrigued by his prediction.

The last topic, I fully discuss in my goodreads review.




*please note sarcasm!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment